0 of 6 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Do the following activity below. The aim is to sort out numbers from 1 to 100 according to the different ways they can be expressed as a product of smaller numbers.
Step 1: Rule out two columns on the sheet of paper you provided. Label one column as “Only 2 Factors”, and the other column as “More than 2 Factors”.
Step 2: Click inside the box, type 1, and press Enter on your keyboard. You should have the product 1 x 1.
Step 4: Click in the box again, type 2, and press the Enter key. You should have 2 x 1.
Step 5: Continue this process until you reach 100.
-If you find a number that has only one other number apart from 1, write it under “Only 1 Factor”.
– If you find a number that has two or more other numbers apart from 1, write it under “More than 2 factors”.
1. With the exception of 1, (since 1 did not have another number) how many numbers went under the column for “Only 2 Factors” ?
2. How many numbers went under the column for “More than 2 Factors” ?
3. What name is given to numbers that have only factors ?
4. Can we refer to numbers with more than two factors as rectangular numbers ? (Hint: The circle patterns).
5. What is another name for numbers that can be written as a product of at least two other numbers ?