In the following warmup exercise, you are going to solve each problem on the card mentally before you click on to see the answer. After that, click to move forward. You can use to navigate backward.
- Click on the “Question” box if you wish to use a provided question.
- Type in the amount representing 100% in the “Total” box. (The amount given in the question.)
- Click on the “Part value” box to display what 10% (each part) will be.
- Adjust the “Percentage” slider to select the percentage asked in the question.
- Calculate the percentage by adding up the parts in red.
- Click on “Selection value” box is confirm your answer.
- Check the solution if you used the provided question by clicking on “Solution” box.
- Click on the button, and try another question.
More Practice on Finding Percentage.
In this activity, all numbers are autogenerated. You can’t choose your own numbers.
- Click on if you wish to attempt a different question.
- Check the box to divide the whole number box into 10 parts. each part is 10% of the whole.
- 10% multiplied by the value in the part box will give you an estimate of what your answer should be.
- Check the “Steps” box to see how to do the calculation.
- Find your answer before you check the box to verify.
More Exercise on Finding Percentage
- Read the information below and answer the questions that follow.
A school held a jump rope contest. Diego jumped rope for 20 minutes.
- Record your answers from the questions above in this table.
(4.) Write the quotients in the last column as decimals.
(5.) What do you notice about the numbers in the last two columns of the table?