Read Temperature Values on a Thermometer.
Here are five thermometers. The first four thermometers show temperatures in Celsius. The last thermometer is missing some numbers.
- Use the thermometers below to answer the questions that follow.
Create your own number line.
If you need help completing this activity, you can pause the exercise and watch the video clip below before proceeding.
- Use the Line tool to draw a horizontal line. Always remember to click on to deselect an action before proceding to a new action.
- Mark a point in the middle area of the line with the Point tool and label it 0.
- Use or to hide or delete all other labels.
- To the right of 0, continue using to make marks that are 1 unit apart. Label the tick marks 1, 2, 3. . . 10. This represents the positive side of your number line.
- Click on the reflector tool and highlight all points on the other side of 0.
- Click on O to mark points on the negative side of 0.
- Label the tick marks -1, -2, -3. . . -10. This represents the negative side of your number line.
- Then use your number line to answer the questions below.
Use your number line to answer these questions:
Drag each point to its proper place on the number line. Use your observations in order to answer the questions below the applet.