Find Equivalent Ratios to a Given Ratio.
- Check the “Pattern 1” box to see the ratio of red to blue beads. Note that the ratio is in the simplest form. The beads are also represented on a line. Now, we want to find an equivalent ratio using the orange and green beads down below.
- Check the “Pattern 2” box. A ratio of 1:1 is displayed. To choose another ratio that is equivalent to 1:2, use located at the bottom right corner.
- As soon as you get an equivalent ratio, you are greeted with a smile.
- Use the same at the top right to change the original ratio and follow the steps again. Have fun!
- Answer the following questions.
Find Equivalent Ratios to a Given Ratio on a Graph.
- Move the “reveal“ slider in the applet below to the right to see the ratios that are equivalent to 1 : 2. At the end of the bar, a striaght line links all the points in the graph.
- Now, use the two other sliders to change the ratio and repeat the step above. When equivalent ratios are graphed, they form a straight line through the origin. The applet demonstrates that fact.
Do you agree that all points on the line will be equivalent ratios? Explain why you think so.
Create Equivalent Ratios from a Diagram.
- Follow the instructions in the box below.