To investigate why the Area of a triangle is (base x height.)
- The parallelogram is decomposed into two triangles. Move the slider from the right position to the left.
- Compare the area of the original figure to that of the final figure.
Explore the Area of Triangles.
- Move points A, B, and C.
- Observe the length of the base and height.
- Observe the area of the triangle.
- What do you observe when you keep the base horizontal and slide point A left or right?
- Does the area agree with your visual count of the squares inside the triangle?
Andre drew a line connecting two opposite corners of a parallelogram. Select all true statements about the triangles created by the line Andre drew.
Here below is a right triangle.